CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

30 May 2008

These Days...

Now that I've had a few days of working, I feel ready to give my opinion on it all... Frankly, it's not that wonderful :( The job itself isn't bad. I really enjoy being around people, meeting and serving all types of people from all over. So far I've had the chance to work at two different 'outlets' within the hotel, a really nice restaurant called Kamuela Provision Company (KPC) and one of the pool bars. I've definitely preferred the pool bar (Kohala Pool...the other pool is Kona Pool) mostly because of the laid-back atmosphere and there's a lot more to do! The times I've been at KPC it's been very slow, and not many people go there just to get a drink...mostly they have reservations at the restaurant and come straight for that. Since I get paid minimum wage, a lot of my income depends on tips, so having no customers is a big problem! My main issue with the job, however, has to do with the hotel employees being a part of a union. Since I'm the newest employee, if the hotel is slow (which it is) I get less scheduled shifts and more on-call days. The last two weeks I've had three schedules shifts, and next week I only have two...not good enough for us!! I've been getting reassurance from others around that the hotel will pick up this summer, usually July and August are the busy summer months, but it's still very disappointing to us. I've continued to keep my eye out for possible jobs in the classifieds, and actually heard back about a resume I sent to Head Start (preschool/daycare) down in Kona. I will probably interview sometime the week of June 9th. I'm just trying to keep the door opened to whatever God might have in store. Michael came and visited me at the pool one day this past week before he went to work and took some pictures of me in my lovely uniform...



Yes, I know, beautiful ;)


Anyway, I know things will work out like they already have! We are always positive and try to stay focused on today. In fact, just today Michael got his schedule for next week and he has five scheduled shifts, where he's only been getting four for the last month or so, so yea! God is faithful and provides all we need.

That's it for now, we have quite a lot of new pictures, but I will spread them out instead of posting them all in one day, so keep on coming back for more! Love and hugs!

p.s. I'll try and take some pictures of Michael in action as a barista for you all to see! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yao...but Kamma...the outfit could be a lot worse! Like Vegas style! At least you're not half naked. You know of course that you have my prayers all the time and yep..God will provide! Bye for now...I love you both! Dad (Bob)

Anonymous said...

ha ha it is funny just because it is so not you, but it's not as bad as you made it sound on the phone. hey you could have to tuck the shirt in, it imagine that.
Ashleigh

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I think the outfit is worse than I pictured from our conversations. It is so not you, but I am also glad it is not hooochi mama vegas style.
Love and miss you both!
Keri