CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

20 September 2008

Just some stuff...

  • I celebrated my 29th birthday this past Wednesday. It felt pretty weird to not be around family and friends...kinda felt like just another day. We're going out to dinner tonight, though, to celebrate a little more properly. Here's to my last year in my 20's! Huzzah!
  • We had a great time with Michael's family here in August. We tried to show them the stuff of Hawaii, and they seemed to all enjoy themselves as well! Although, Michael was a very sick boy the last few days of their stay...bad timing.
  • I got to go to a conference/training for a program called Music Together in Oahu last weekend. It was totally awesome. We stayed at the same hotel the conference was in, and we had very looong days, but we were able to get out Saturday night and go to the mall...yeah for Old Navy and birthday money! I've come to appreciate the small things living on an island without every store at my immediate disposal. We went to dinner at a local place that night as well, and I got a piece of birthday mud pie...yumm! The actual training was really great, and I'm still processing a lot of it. I think I've come away with more personal things, than ideas to implement in my job, because I've realized how much I miss singing! And I mean really sing, not just in the car singing. We'll see where it all leads. If you're interested in learning more about Music Together, they have a great website.
  • Speaking of work, I love my job! I'm getting to know my babies more and more each day, and I can see that they recognize me and are happy to see me and are trusting me more as well. The other teachers I work with are great too. On my birthday, instead of buying a cake for everyone to eat, they went to the healthfood store and bought me a huge yummy muffin, because they know me! It felt great being appreciated like that.
  • Michael's job is going pretty good too. He is almost entirely working morning/day shifts which is awesome for us, so we can be together at nights now! There is a Kimo Bean in Kona, and his friend Jay just became the manager there. Michael is going to be working down there quite a bit from now on, which is also great for us to carpool together! He likes working down there as well.
  • I'll post some pictures soon...we're pretty backed up! I don't even know which ones to put on first!
  • "Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mytery, today is a GIFT!" Enjoy your day...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kamma and michael :) good to hear how you guys are doing! love you,
ashley