CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

30 September 2008

A reflection of sorts...

For those of you who know, I have a recurring back problem, triggered mostly by bending over, done mostly in picking up the children I work with. Well, it flared up on Saturday after vacuuming one of our entire couches and again yesterday at work... This is all just to explain why I was lying on the backseat of the car on the drive home from work last night. Seeing everything from a different angle and perspective made a normally mundane drive actually fun and interesting for me. The sun was just setting while we were leaving; the whole sky changing from blue to pink to purple to grey; and soon I was watching the stars come out, one by one. The whole sky was quickly fiilled with layer upon layer of stars, bright and dim, large and small. I picked out a few contellations and had a perfect view of the Milky Way, and was overall amazed by the vastness of our universe. We had the radio on, and it was so fun to sing out new and old songs, both of us being silly and not caring what we sounded like. Then this song came on, "Stay" by Lisa Loeb, and a whole flood of memories from high school and surrounding years came upon me, wave after wave. A couple of you, you know who you are, are laughing at this point, remembering me and my "Lisa Loeb, Lisa Loeb!" phase, and you know what I realized last night? I still really like her! We also sang "Open Arms" with Journey, and some silly newer song with Avril...Michael started flipping the stations, and then found the best stuff yet. I actually don't even know what it was, but it was on the classical station and it sounded like the old cartoon music, like we were expecting to see pink elephants dancing along the side of the road, or covered wagons busting along the trail. It was so wonderful, such creativity-inducing music. We shared back and forth the images that the music was bringing to our minds...Mickey Mouse and Pluto, Peter and the Wolf, my old music classes... Is was a thoroughly enjoyable ride home, and one I hadn't yet experienced. Yeah to newness and change!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm I think that is what they say making lemonade out of lemons. I'm sorry your back is still hurting. Love you! Dad (Bob)

Anonymous said...

I was laughing when I read that. I still really like her to and found your cd in my cd case just a couple of days ago. I thought oh crap, sorry. Ashleigh

Jill Davis said...

Hey there Kamma! Hope all is well! Could Jeremy and I get your address? email me at jbean98@aol.com Hope we can come visit you soon! I don't know if you heard that I am pregnant with our second kiddo.

Jill