CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

05 October 2008

forgotten pics...

I just found these pictures from a trip up Mauna Kea last March or April! We were still in Hilo at the time, and this guy who worked at the hotel we were staying at, Albert, took us and another hotel guest (Phil from New Zealand/Canada) up to the top! In case you don't know, Mauna Kea is almost 14,000 ft. high. Because of the clear atmospheric conditions from being on an island, the top of Mauna Kea is considered to be one of the best places in the world to view the stars and space. There are huge telescopes at the top used by some official people, and there is a wonderful viewing area complete with telescopes for public use and star guides at about 9,000-10,000 ft. Amazing!


Enjoy!

2 comments:

stefanie said...

Kamma, those are beautiful pictures. I found your blog through Jennifer's, hope you don't mind that I 'snooped' around. It's so fun to hear your grown up woman voice, and to see the lovely woman you've become.

Elie is a vegetarian, maybe you'll teach me about healthy eating!?

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Beautiful... gorgeous... makes me want to be there! =) I miss you! I miss talking to you. Let's chat soon?

By the way, LOVING the new background. It's so... so... KAMMA. =)